We can provide weld preps, bevels and chamfers in angles up to 60 degrees on plates between 6mm to 60mm - greater thicknesses available on request.
Weld preparation of metal parts carried out during the profiling process has helped numerous customers save time and money. Combining the cutting and bevelling processes from a single source, reduces the number of steps within the supply chain, improving efficiency.
As our bevelling process is run as a separate operation to our 4 main profiling services, it is suitable to be used on all materials regardless of the profiling method – Meaning we can create weld preps on laser, waterjet, flame and plasma cut parts.
ANSON is able to produce top face and bottom face edge preps between 15o – 60o. Preps are commonly requested on metals such as stainless steel, mild steel and aluminium.
Our weld preparations are suitable for single and doubled sided, partial and full penetration butt welds.
Chamfer Technical Specifications:
- Angles from 15o up to 60o
- Used across all profiling methods and metals
- Each plate edge can have different prep angle
- Wall thickness from 6mm to 60mm
- NM400 steel plate
- Cor-Ten steel plate
- low alloy steel plate
- stainless steel plate
- pressure vessel steel plate
- pipeline steel plate
- abrasion resistant steel plate
- shipbuilding steel plate
- steel coil
- carbon steel plate
- quality policy Steel Grades
- NM500 wear resistant steel
- NM450 wear resistant steel
- NM400 wear resistant steel
- NM360 wear resistant steel
- 440C stainless steel