Cor-Ten B weathering steel plate
When COR-TEN with bare specifications is left in the atmosphere, rust occurs first in the same way as ordinary steel, but dense protective rust forms on the surface of the steel due to the action of the alloy element over time, inhibiting the later development of further rust.
Since COR-TEN B has excellent weather resistance, it can be used without any coating. It provides not only the economic effect of a reduction of re-coating cost, but an aesthetic effect with sedate color of protective rust.
- The coating film has a long life, and the recoating cost can be reduced.
- Welding is easy using any method of manual welding or submerged arc welding, etc.
- Spot welding is also possible for thin materials.
- COR-TEN can be subjected to cold working, hot working, and gas cutting in a similar way as ordinary steel with the same strength level.
COR-TEN B exhibits a yellowish appearance in the initial stage of use, and the color gradually changes to brown. Then, as it sits in its surrounding environment, the color changes to a sedate blackish brown in one to two years. Then, the color changes very little once again, but only to a deep brown.
Weathering steel, best-known under the trademark CORTEN B steel and sometimes written without the hyphen as "CORTEN B steel", is a group of steel alloys which were developed to obviate the need for painting, and form a stable rust-like appearance if exposed to the weather for several years.
|C max||Si||Mn.||P||S max||Cr||Ni||Cu||V|
|Thickness (mm)||Plate Products||Yield Strength||Tensile Strength||Elongation|
|Rel N/mm²||Rm N/mm²||A50 %|
|2 – 13||6 – 40||345||485||19|
|Material #||EN 10155||SEW 087||NFA 35-502||UNI||BS 4360||ASTM||JIS G3114|
|1.8961||S235J2W||WTSt 37-3||E 24 W 4||Fe 360 DK 1||-||-||-|
|1.8945||S355J0WP||E 36 WA 3||Fe 510 C1K1||WR 50 A||-||-||-|
|1.8946||S355J2WP||-||E 36 WA 4||Fe 510 D1K1||-||A 242 Type 1||-|
|1.8959||S355J0W||-||E 36 WB 3||Fe 510 C2K1||WR 50 B||A 588 – A 242 Gr. 1||SMA 50 AW|
|1.8963||S355J2G1W||WTSt 52-3||-||Fe 510 D2K1||WR 50 C||A 588 Gr. A||to|
|1.8965||S355J2G2W||-||-||-||-||-||SMA 50 CP|
|1.8966||S355K2G1W||-||E 36 WB 4||-||-||A 709 Gr. 50 W||-|
- NM400 steel plate
- low alloy steel plate
- Cor-Ten steel plate
- stainless steel plate
- pipeline steel plate
- pressure vessel steel plate
- abrasion resistant steel plate
- shipbuilding steel plate
- steel coil
- carbon steel plate
- Cold rolled steel coil
- quality policy Steel Grades
- EN 10130 cold rolled steel coil specification
- GB/T5213 - 2008 cold rolled coil
- JIS G3141 steel coil specification
- NM500 wear resistant steel
- NM450 wear resistant steel