403 stainless steel
|Tensile Strength ksi (min.)||Yield Strength 0.2% Offset ksi (min.)||Elongation - % in 50 mm (min.)||Hardness (Rockwell B) MAX|
|Denstiy lbm/in3||Coefficient of thermal Expansion (min/in)-°F||thermal Conductivity BTU/hr-ft-°F||Specific Heat BTU/lbm -°F||Modules of Elasticity (annealed)2-psi|
|at 68 °F||at 68 – 212°F||at 68 – 1450°F||at 200°F||at 32 – 212°F||in tension (E)|
|0.276||5.5||6.6||9.3||14.4||29 x 106|
This straight chromium stainless steel offers reasonable corrosion resistance and high mechanical characteristics. The 403 series offers heat resistance and a scaling temperature of about 1300°F. It is a corrosion and heat resistant 12% Cr martensitic stainless steel. This alloy offers a wide range of mechanical properties that are obtainable by appropriate heat treatments. It is easily hardened by oil, fan or air cooling and may be tempered at temperatures of up to 1350°F (732°C) to improve fracture toughness. Oil or fan cooling is required in thicker sections.
Corrosion Resistance of 403 Stainless Steel:
- High degree of resistance to atmospheric corrosion because of its ability to form a tightly adherent oxide film
- Maximum corrosion resistance is obtained by hardening and polishing.
- Not recommended for use in severely corrosive environments.
Oxidation Resistance of 403 Stainless Steel:
- Resists oxidation up to 1400°F (760°C).
- Temperature should not exceed 1200-1300°F (649-704°C) in continuous service.
- NM400 steel plate
- low alloy steel plate
- Cor-Ten steel plate
- stainless steel plate
- pipeline steel plate
- pressure vessel steel plate
- abrasion resistant steel plate
- shipbuilding steel plate
- steel coil
- carbon steel plate
- Cold rolled steel coil
- quality policy Steel Grades
- EN 10130 cold rolled steel coil specification
- GB/T5213 - 2008 cold rolled coil
- JIS G3141 steel coil specification
- NM500 wear resistant steel
- NM450 wear resistant steel